Message from Site Director(s)
Dear P.S. 498 Families and Community,
Welcome to the new home of Directions For Our Youth at P.S. 498 – we are excited for another school year and look forward to using this page to keep you updated on news, events, as well as shining the DFOY spotlight on parents, staff, or participants through the DFOY Agent of Change highlighted below. We also encourage you to follow DFOY on social media to see more content from our activities, along with other DFOY programs. Just click any of the social media icons on the top right of this page to follow DFOY!
This year we have many returning team members, along with new staff and new leadership who are excited to expand and improve program offerings for this academic year. So far, we have begun preparing activities surrounding our theme for the year, Endangered Species. Through these activities, we are focusing on the importance of bringing awareness to these animals and are planning on working towards making a difference through service learning projects. The DFOY team here at Van Nest Academy is committed to creating a space where all participants feel welcomed and are given a chance to express themselves.
We look forward to seeing familiar and new faces at our events and cannot wait to show off what we have in store this school year.
Please feel free to reach out at any time! We have included our contact information below and look forward to being in touch throughout the year.
- Director : Amelfis Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org DFOY Cell: 929-358-8991
- Program Support: Karla Silva Roldan email@example.com Office Phone: 718-409-3001 ext. 1102
Address: 1640 Bronxdale Ave, The Bronx, NY 10462
SUPPORT P.S. 498/ Van Nest Academy
We can post company information here.
During Fun Friday participants in grades 3-5 played a very fun game called Rock Paper Scissor Hula Showdown. Participants were able to connect in a fun and exciting way!. Each team cheered and motivated their teammates with encouragement.
- Feb 14
- Valentines Day Ice Cream Social
- Feb 17-21
- Mid-Winter Break Camp
- April 9-16
- Spring Break Camp
- March 19
- National Woman’s Day Snack & Paint (collaboration event with Middle School)
- Mar 23
- End of Cycle P.S. 498
Agent of Change
- We recently recognized some of our hardworking staff! From left to right: Ms. Natalie received the Above & Beyond award, Ms. Kayla received the award for Most Organized, and Mr. Brandon received the award for Most Improved.