The strength of the DFOY community is our greatest resource during this difficult time. Our program staff has worked diligently to put together a list of resources for our participants and families. We will continue to share additional useful links on our social media channels. If you know of any organizations or groups providing support, please share them in the comments on our Facebook page! Keeping students engaged during distance learning will be critical, and we need to make sure all our students have an abundance of options to continue their education.
Access to Technology
- Optimum – families with students can apply for free internet in their area
- Xfinity WiFi Hotspot Access Opens Nationwide in Response to Coronavirus:Local Hotspots: http://wifi.xfinity.
- Spectrum – families with students can apply for free internet in their area
- NYC DOE: Remote Learning Device Request
- Alternatively, call (718) 935-5100 and choose option 5 to request a device.
- NYC DOE: Learn at Home
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Math Websites
- Literacy Websites
- Other education companies offering resources to accommodate students
Local Food Banks and Food
- COVID-19: Food Bank For New York City Response
- Hunger Free NYC – All 5 Boroughs
- Feeding America – National Food Bank Search
- World Central Kitchen
Information on COVID-19
For latest info from NYC officials, text COVID to 692-692
- NYC Health and Hospitals – provides care regardless of insurance and immigration status
- Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center – no insurance needed 212-423-3000
- Cornell COVID hotline: 212-746-1754
Mental Health Support
- Bronx Works – also has other programs/services
- Catholic Charities – provides support regardless of denomination
- Coalition for the Homeless
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.