Message from Site Director(s)
Dear Leaning To Work at Satellite Academy Community,
Welcome to the new home of DFOY Learning To Work – we are excited for another school year and look forward to using this page to keep you updated on news, events, as well as shining the DFOY spotlight on parents, staff, or participants through the DFOY Agent of Change highlighted below. We also encourage you to follow DFOY on social media to see more content from our activities, along with other DFOY programs. Just click any of the social media icons on the top right of this page to follow DFOY!
This year we have many returning team members, along with new staff who are excited to expand and improve program offerings this year. So far, we have planned a career day full of a diverse group of panelists representing different career paths, scheduled several local college tours, and are already planning Halloween costume design celebration. This year we are also bringing back our Barbershop Academy program that provides students with free training workshops to learn the art of barbering.
Please feel free to reach out at any time! We have included our contact information below and look forward to being in touch throughout the year.
- Shanika Blount, Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org 212-414-2564
- Lauren Wilson, Assitant Director/College Advisor email@example.com
Address: 120 W 30th St L, New York, NY 10001
SUPPORT Satellite Academy High School
We can post company information here.
- Feb 12
- June Grad Luncheon
- Feb 18-21
- Wellness Week (Midwinter Break) Yoga, Nutrition, Financial Fitness, Creative Self Care
- Feb 26
- HBCU Panel Discussion
- Mar 17-18
- HBCU Overnight Trips: Pennsylvania and Delaware
Agent of Change
- We want to congratulate Lauren Wilson for being promoted to Assistant Director and being named our most recent DFOY Agent of Change! Lauren has developed close relationships with students and through her work, has helped future Satellite grads plan for their next steps. We are grateful to have Lauren at DFOY and we are excited about her future!