Message from Site Director(s)
Dear Butler Cornerstone Family,
Welcome to the new home of Butler Cornerstone – we are excited for another year and look forward to using this page to keep you updated on news, events, as well as shining the DFOY spotlight on parents, staff, or participants through the DFOY Agent of Change highlighted below. We also encourage you to follow DFOY on social media to see more content from our activities, along with with other DFOY programs. Just click any of the social media icons on the top right of this page to follow DFOY!
This year we have eight returning team members along with new staff who are excited to expand and improve program. Butler Cornerstone Community Center has Elementary, Middle, High, Young Adult, and Adult programming where activities include: after-school, teen center, and GED classes for young adults and adults. During the school year our Cornerstone programming schedule is: Monday – Friday, 2pm – 10pm and Saturday, 10am – 5pm. During the summer, programs run: Monday – Friday, 8am- 11pm and Saturday and Sunday, 3pm – 11pm.
Please feel free to reach out at any time! We have included our contact information below and look forward to being in touch throughout the year.
- Clyde Thompson
Program Director email@example.com 718-303-8997
- Robert A. Brown Program Assistant Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1368 Webster Ave, The Bronx, NY 10456
SUPPORT Butler Community Center
We can post company information here.
So far this year we have hosted fun activities that engaged our children and gave community residents a close look at the power and beauty of community engagement. Through volunteer opportunities at our summer camp, family trips to attend theatrical performances, outdoor cookouts, sporting events, family day activities, and health fairs, there has been plenty to do at Butler! Additionally, we recently hosted collaborative back to school events with members of our Mayors Action Plan Stakeholders Teams, as well as the Butler Tenant Association. As part of these efforts, we recently distributed more than 500 book bags and supplies throughout the community!
It is our continued mission to bring quality programming, safe spaces, and fun times to the children, youth, and families of Butler Houses as well as the surrounding community. Most importantly we developed new and lasting relationships with such as organizations at the Bronx Parent Housing Network, Bronx Health Link, 42nd Precinct, Bronx Documentary Center, Woodycrest Center for Human Development, Children Aid Society, Simpson Street Development Association, Office of Assemblyman Michael Blake, and the Office of Councilwoman Vanessa Gibson.
Check out our calendar below to see what is coming up!
- Nov 9
- Rental Assistance Workshop for Butler residents
- Nov 10
- Family Day at Radio City Hall to see the Christmas Spectacular
- Nov 21
- Turkey Giveaway at Butler
Agent of Change
Agent of Change
- Trevika Worthy is a single parent and grandmother who has taken on the responsibility of motivating and inspiring young girls at DFOY and throughout her community. Trevika encourages others to realize their greatest potential and stresses the importance of self-care. As the group leader of DFOY’s My Sister Keeper, she has brought a renewed energy and positive spirit that speaks to young girls. Trevika is our Agent of Change because she is committed to “Making the Grade” at DFOY.